Victoria’s Secret’s Greenwashing Antics
Watch as the CEO and Chairman of Limited Brands, Victoria’s Secret’s parent company, claims to be “relentless about trying to do the right thing” for the environment. Check out his greenwashing video where he also says that, “on the priority of right things to do, one of them is to be a good steward of the environment.”
With a million catalogs mailed daily, the majority of which come from virgin fiber, it seems that Victoria’s Secret’s real priority is environmental destruction.
In early January, the Limited informed ForestEthics that it is moving it Victoria's Secret's clearance catalogs, (which account for approximately 10% of its overall catalogs,) to a high post-consumer recycled content paper. This move is in direct response to our campaign. This first step must be a precursor toward shifting the remaining approximately 90% of Victoria's Secret's catalogs to high post-consumer recycled paper that does not come from Endangered Forests, and we will continue campaigning to that end.
To see the true devastation wreaked by Victoria’s Secret’s catalogs, check out this CNN feature on the destruction of Canada’s Boreal forest, one of the sources of Victoria’s Secret’s paper.
To view in Quicktime, click here.
To view in Windows Media Player, click here.